Romania’s Psytrance scene evolved a lot in its 12 years of festival history, choosing to create unique events based less on commerce and more on experiencing the ‘BOOM!’ that we’re all seeking at festivals, in a unique Carpathian landscape.
The last 2 years
The scene got bigger and more focused. While before there was a common public for all parties, now the parties have specific directions and styles which, in the end, make people choose what they like best.
The main events
In size, the biggest festival is Waha at its 5th edition, having 4 music stages & a jam.
Community is mostly made of young people, open and pure, less drugs more vibe, which makes the Romanian party experience unique in today’s scene.
Nature & weather
Romania has amazing nature, the last virgin forest of Southern Europe, large wild mountain areas with few roads or highways. Camping is allowed everywhere. Weather is changing fast in the high mountains but basically the weather is friendly, warm to very hot in the summer.
Points of interest
Medieval castles (Bran, Hunedoara), medieval cities (Sighisoara, Sibiu), Retezat & Piatra Craiului Mountains, Bucharest’s parties, Danube Delta’s wildlife, Black Sea Coast.
DOs & DON’Ts
At airports & train stations: Be careful with the taxi drivers.
Text by Tudor Chiliman
- Sexism in the Psytrance Scene? DJanes – Only something for the boys to look at?
- Festival Map – worldwide Psytrance Festivals
- Psychedelic Art – the best artists wordwide
- EDM versus Psytrance – Music between money and culture
- TOP TEN COFFEESHOPS – Best Amsterdam Coffeeshops of 2017
- Best Psytrance download & streaming websites
- Mat Mushroom
- Free Psytrance Download
- READ mushroom magazine & Hemp Five
- Is it safe to mix MDMA with Psilocybin?
- Wanted: Editor for mushroom magazine (German/English)
- mushroom shop
- Interview with Vini Vici
- Ivory Stuttgart – Smoking Culture & Urban Gardening