Romania’s Psytrance scene evolved a lot in its 12 years of festival history, choosing to create unique events based less on commerce and more on experiencing the ‘BOOM!’ that we’re all seeking at festivals, in a unique Carpathian landscape.
The last 2 years
The scene got bigger and more focused. While before there was a common public for all parties, now the parties have specific directions and styles which, in the end, make people choose what they like best.
The main events
In size, the biggest festival is Waha at its 5th edition, having 4 music stages & a jam.
Community is mostly made of young people, open and pure, less drugs more vibe, which makes the Romanian party experience unique in today’s scene.
Nature & weather
Romania has amazing nature, the last virgin forest of Southern Europe, large wild mountain areas with few roads or highways. Camping is allowed everywhere. Weather is changing fast in the high mountains but basically the weather is friendly, warm to very hot in the summer.
Points of interest
Medieval castles (Bran, Hunedoara), medieval cities (Sighisoara, Sibiu), Retezat & Piatra Craiului Mountains, Bucharest’s parties, Danube Delta’s wildlife, Black Sea Coast.
DOs & DON’Ts
At airports & train stations: Be careful with the taxi drivers.
Text by Tudor Chiliman
- Festival Map – worldwide Psytrance Festivals
- Tickets for the Boom Festival 2018 get released on the 19th of October
- 10 years Experience Festival in Koh Tao – where the heart beats every New Years Eve in Thailand!
- Psychedelic Art – the best artists wordwide
- Best Psytrance download & streaming websites
- Free Psytrance Download
- After Hacker Attack – Boom Festival presale starts again on 20 November
- The psychedelic Advent Calendar
- OZORA 2017 – Impressions, Videos & Photos
- READ mushroom magazine & Hempedelic
- The BOOM Festival 2016 interview
- Transformational Festivals – Boom Festival – Burning Man – Fusion Festival
- TOP TEN COFFEESHOPS – Best Amsterdam Coffeeshops of 2017